Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Blog



I finally set up my Blog page. I have wanted to get one started for ages, but always found something else to do. It's not like I need another way to 'waste time' on the computer or anything, just thought it was a good way to start a diary come journal. Who knows, it may make me famous!




I will most likely jump from subject to subject, just as I do when I am talking with people, but then that is me-too much going on in my brain and not all of it relevant.




Hopefully I can add to this on a regular basis, if not I'll let our computer cat, Catsby, add to it for me. We have two tabby cats, Paris and Catsby (litter mates and 14 years old now). Catsby loves to sit next to or on top of the computer mouse (where else?) and also tries to influence what keys are pushed on the keyboard-dangerous when I am doing the on-line banking! He also likes to see what is going on in the world, but only from the BBC website, of course. He is right here with me now, and feigning sleep. He is ever hopeful that I'll stop typing and tickle him.



So, it's the first day of 2009, and here where we live in Connecticut we have snow. It snowed New Year's Eve during the day and although it melted quite a bit as the sun was out, we still have a white layer in the garden. The temperature hasn't been much above 25 today, so no doubt it will all freeze again tonight. The birds emptied the big feeder with help from the local squirrel population so that needs a refill, along with the two samll feeders. That's another of Catsby's interests, watching the birds on the feeders from the computer desk. His brother, Paris, just likes to sleep, eat and sit on my lap just as I pick up my sewing or knitting.



Spent this morning putting away the Christmas decorations. We have no room for a tree, so I put out my collection of Father Christmases, on bookcases, shelves etc. Not one of them is the same and they all shapes and sizes. The cards we get go in a wire wreath on a door. It all looks bare when they all get taken down. Still, need to do that before Twelth Night and as it's housework tomorrow, it got done today.


Housework-there's something I really don't like doing, but it has to be done as I don't like the place looking dirty and untidy! We only live in a small house, so it doesn't take too long and as we pick up and put things away everyday, it helps a lot. Our house is very unusal for the area as it is made of brick and in a row of four houses joined together. That's called terraced in England, here they call them townhouses. We have a small front and back garden which help make it look very English. It has just two bedrooms, one bathroom, living room and eat in kitchen, but also has a basement, which is great for storage and also where the washing machine and tumble drier are.


Well, I guess that's enough for today. Who knows what I will ramble on about the next time? I am stopping now as it is dinner time and I am hungry (fish sticks, oven chips and and baked beans tonight-yummy!).


No comments:

Post a Comment